Toolkits and other resources leveraging HCUP data are made available to assist researchers and healthcare providers to enhance administrative data and improve patient care.
- The Present on Admission (POA) Indicator Toolkit aims to provide a comprehensive set of materials needed for all-payer POA indicator collection and analysis. The POA indicator shows whether a condition was present at hospital admission (a comorbidity) or whether it arose during the hospitalization stay (a complication).
- The Race and Ethnicity Data Improvement Toolkit provides practical tools and guidance to those interested in improving the quality of their hospital patient race, ethnicity, and primary language (R/E/L) data collection.
- Various reports provide information on using race-ethnicity data for reducing disparities in the quality of health and healthcare.
- The Clinical Content Enhancement Toolkit provides practical tools and guidance to those interested in broadening and supplementing their existing administrative health data by adding clinical data elements.
- Various reports provide information on utilization and spending for hospital-related treament of mental and substance use disorders.